Ultrasound System Design Engineer
Located in Salem, MA, Titan Advanced Energy Solutions (Titan) is building a world-class team to develop and commercialize game-changing ultrasound-based battery management diagnostic systems for lithium-ion batteries for consumer electronics, automotive, storage, and second-life markets. We provide fast and accurate estimates of the state of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH), which creates significant benefits to the whole value chain, including increased daily usable charge capacity, longer battery life, and improved safety monitoring and control. The benefits to manufacturers, integrators, producers, and consumers are attracting a lot of attention!
Titan’s innovative strides have been recognized with numerous awards and funding from top clean energy programs and institutions, including Greentown Labs, the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) and the Department of Energy. Growing and poised to continue on their positive momentum, this is an exciting time to join the Titan team!
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with experience on Acoustics. The ideal candidate can think broadly, has scientific curiosity, is not afraid to challenge existing solutions and influence change, is open-minded, has good communication skills, and can adapt to change. This position reports to the Head of Ultrasound R&D.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee system level architecture and lead requirement management (system, product, component) and technical scope definition across cross-functional teams from product inception through commercial launch, including VOC and user experience.
- Lead feasibility studies and execute trade studies to understand the design trade-offs and make performance estimates to set design expectations.
- Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams and productize designs with cross-functional input from Product management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Drive the Systems Engineering deliverables completion to support the necessary product development. Hold inclusive and transparent design reviews and trace user requirements with user cases to make sure we satisfy the program requirements and specifications.
- Analyze and simulate complex acoustic wave propagation and its interaction with multi-layered media for optimal transducer and system designs.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing, analyze data, and evaluate signal quality for ultrasound transducers and systems.
- Lead technical research and feasibility of new technologies together with internal and/or external teams in alignment with the company product roadmap.
- Identify and scope projects around technical innovation opportunities as well as technology risks.
- BS in ME, EE, or similar discipline. MS or Ph.D. preferred.
- In depth knowledge of acoustic wave propagation and acoustic signal processing, and experience with laboratory equipment and measurements.
- Broad knowledge across mechanical, electrical, software engineering, as part of combined HW/SW systems. Knowledge of batteries a plus.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting programming languages.
- Ability to take a broad strategy and define a first-class solution
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Being able to learn on the job is important.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership
- A desire to thrive in a rapid growth, fast-paced environment, and an ability to adapt to change; can act with urgency.
- Thrives in a changing environment while performing in a calm and focused manner
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, and comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Passion, curiosity, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Compassionate and highly empathetic
- Trustworthy & full of integrity
- Bias to action and entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative and capable of building consensus internally and externally
- Continued learning mindset
Learn more at www.titanaes.com
Titan welcomes applicants from every background – our diversity helps us thrive and serve our customers and each other. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs, without discrimination or bias. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.